Friday, December 2, 2011

How can I get more backspin when I'm shooting a basketball?

I need to get more backspin when I'm shooting a basketball in a game situation. I know the fundamentals and have practiced basic shooting technique, but I still have trouble getting good spin in a catch-and-shoot situation, or pulling up a shot off the dribble. I also struggle getting good spin on free-throws because of sticky hands covered in sweat. Can anybody help me with this?|||hmm, maybe use some kind of baby powder if your really desperate about the sweating hands, but for the spin, just try practicing at home. Aim higher and put your wrist way into it, you'll find a balance eventually, good luck|||flick your wrist more|||Use your finger tips to shoot the basketball for spin and stability|||right when you let go of the ball flick your wrist and fingertips|||Tip of fingers should roll off the ball as you shoot, index finger being the last to touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment