Friday, December 2, 2011

How old do you have to be in order to go to a shooting range?

What is the legal age (in Florida) for a child to be allowed to go to a shooting range? My father wants to take me to a shooting range to teach me how to fire a gun properly. But I don't know how old you have to be in order to be allowed to enter one. If I'm being supervised by an adult, would it be ok if I'm a minor?|||I take my daughter to an outdoor one and she is five just wear hearing protection and eye protection|||Minimum age is up to the operator... I have never been to a formal range (business) that would allow an unaccompanied minor to shoot. Your dad will probably sign a waiver for you (and himself) that would hold the operator harmless if you got hurt.





I have seen kids 12 years old shooting under supervision at paid ranges.





Call and ask the range.. they can tell you for sure what their policy is.|||Unaccompanied person must be 18 years or older. An accompanied person must be with their guardian. I tried to take my Secretary's son to the range when he was 15 and since I was not his Dad we found out he was not permitted to shoot. This dead beat dad denied his son the fun of shooting because of his absence.|||I used to go to the shooting range when I was 8 years old. Always supervised though. You'll be ok. Hopefully the shooting range isn't kommonist. Ive been to a few really bad ranges in central Florida that almost seem to be anti gun.|||Old enough to be out of diapers. I saw a 5 year old kid shooing a AR-15 on a bench when I was up state last summer. As long as you go with your legal guardian so he couls sing your waiver then your good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment