Friday, December 2, 2011

What are the most affordable and reliable pistols for practical shooting?

I've been a big fan of pistol shooting since I was a kid, now that my friends are in to it too, im thinking of buying my own practical shooting pistol =) but I want to purchase a very reliable one in accuracy, easy to maintain - durable, customizable for balanced weight and the usual. My friends got a Beretta-m92f and another is the Glock17 which one should I purchase too and can you suggest any other pistol great for practical shooting?|||First thing now this is my view Sense some may disagrees. I'm from alabama and it may sound weird to you but I believe the gun picks you (so to speak). Go to your local dealer,flea market,swap meet etc. Do not intend on buying one you just want to hold them. Feel the weight difference, safety features, clip discharge see where im going with this. Shop around and find the one you want, the one that fits you. My first pistol was my grandfathers 22 revolver. Then I brought a HI-POINT 9mm. Its ok shoots very well. But it just wasn't me. It has no hammer, no decocker and the safety is under par. Then I found her a Rugar P-89 which is also a 9mm. She has everything i wanted including the decocker. Beautiful polished steel just a great gun. Great shooting just great. The HI-POINT sold for new @ $140.00 and the RUGAR sold new @ $350.00 but know this you get what you pay for.|||Sig Saur P226 is the best bet for what you are looking for. GREAT pistol, reliable, and somewhat affordable. All the government agencies use them for that reason. It has great balance and the somewhat heavier weight on the slide reduces recoil.



Once you start to become experienced and look into spending a little bit more, look into Kimber.



Good luck|||Going into practical shooting isn't cheap. If you are really into it, the best bet would be going into a gun store and check what you want and not what the gun dealer could offer. In short, feel the gun yourself and test fire it (if possible). Reliable pistols has it's worth and it is not cheap.|||SigSauer PP229

No comments:

Post a Comment