Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is there anything important i need to know when shooting slide for 35mm?

I am a beginning photographer. I want to have the ability to take amazing photographs. I am starting to learn about how to do this, and am getting the equipment necessary to take very nice shots. I am now going to start using slide film. I know it is harder to work with and easier to over/under expose. Any suggestions on what I should be aware of when shooting slide photos?





I plan on taking some panaramic shots with velva 50 RVP.|||Expose for the highlights.





Slide film is very unforgiving when it comes to overexposure. I always use a Sekonic hand light meter. Until you are sure about the accuracy of your in-camera light meter...do not trust it for important images.





Personally, with Velvia 50 in bright sunlight I will underexpose by 1/3 of a stop. Tends to make the colors pop and it gives me a margin of error.





Congratulations on choosing slide film. You will be awed by the colors and sharpness.|||Exposure is critical when shooting slide film. I used slide film to test my exposure meter in my camera. I found out that my meter is off by a stop.





Try bracketing your film so you can see the difference half a stop and a full stop can make on your images. Take careful exposure notes on each shot. And have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment