Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shooting video on a point and shoot camera? How long will it last?

I have a Sony DSC-W1 and was planning on shooting underwater videos. I'm planning on turning on the camera and immediately shoot video at 640x320 30fps, until the battery runs out.





So two questions....


If I got a 8gb flash card how much video would I get under unlimited battery life? And how long does the battery last while filming in that format (640x320 30fps)?|||Given the age of your camera, I doubt it could actually use an 8gb card, due to differences in the type of formatting that the larger cards take.





However, if it can utilize that card, it looks like you'd get close to 90 minutes of video on the 640x480 "fine" resolution. It's all in your manual - page 109.

No comments:

Post a Comment