Saturday, November 19, 2011

Any good ways to get out of a shooting slump?

I'm in a shooting slump right now and I'm shooting horrible in my games. I'm not that tall, bout 5'8 and I need to get up high for my shot so I wont get blocked and as a result I think my timing is screwed up. Are there any methods, drills, etc that can help you get out of the slump?|||You just have to keep shooting. Don't think too much about the shoot. Take some layups and closer range shots to get your confidence up.|||take some time to play another sport or sports, and exercise different muscle groups than you are used to. also, just letting your body rest can be huge. so much of your shot is in your legs and they might be fatigued even if you don't notice it.|||look playa I have been playing ball all my life trust me slumps happen all the time they are supposed to thats how you get better you shoot your way out of it. The greats had slumps all the time stick with what you know, and you will be out of it in a couple of days.|||Just get back to the basics, and spend extra time practicing them.|||Love the game, have fun and keep shooting.|||don't concentrate too much on the shot just shoot it. good basketball mechanics should be muscle memory, that's why there's practice. ( yes, AI practice!) watch your hand placing on the ball and don't release too late. A 5'8 guy like you should be beating guys off the dribble and taking it to the rack.|||i would watch the ray allen video on youtube called nba fundamentals ray allen that video should help you..

No comments:

Post a Comment