Saturday, November 19, 2011

What could the cause of shooting pains behind my left ear?

Its been 2 days now. The pain only lasts a couple seconds then goes away. It happens about a couple minutes apart to about 5-10 minutes apart. If i massage behind my ear it feels so much better but the shooting pains still come and go. I read that it could be an ear infection but my hearing is fine and there's no fluid coming out of my ear or any kind of ringing. What could this be?|||One possibility that comes to mind is a mastoiditis infection. Mastoiditis is a bacterial infection of the mastoid air cells (small, air-filled cavities located in the mastoid process, which is the bulge in the skull behind the ear). This is not something you should ignore, since mastoiditis can be serious. Most likely it is not mastoiditis, but if the pain persists you should see your doctor.





http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/483/m鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment