Thursday, November 24, 2011

How to improve shooting range in basketball?

I'm not satisfied with my shooting range in basketball. Are there any exercises/drills to improve my shooting range?|||The best way to increase your range is to start close to the basket and move out to the perimeter as you consistently hit your shots. If you percentage goes down in a certain spot, take a few steps towards the basket until your percentage goes back up.





I always practice shooting in sets of 10 so it is easy to keep track of your percentage (i.e. 7 out of 10 = 70%) Once your set shot is established then start working on other aspects of your shooting game.|||practice more shooting each day|||around the world.......... and BEEF B-balance E-eyes E-elbow F-follow through|||Do some throwing with arm weights on so when you take them off your arms will feel lighter and it will feel easier to move through air.|||shoot alot|||Just shoot more, Stay away from the weights. When i first started playing basketball i could barely draw rim on a 3 pointer, Now i can shoot set shots from halfcourt,I never touched any weights either, it just came from shooting.|||To increase my range, I practiced my shooting form with a medicine ball. I didn't shoot it at a rim but just when I was sitting around the house, I would toss it up while sitting down like I was shooting. It greatly extended my range.|||larry bird used to stand under the basket, and as soon as he made it he would take a step back and shoot from there....and so forth until he got from like 30 feet away....lol





try that

No comments:

Post a Comment